[McIDAS #KZM-950561]: Build Problem with libgrib2c.a, CentOS 6.6.

Hi Neil,

re:
> make.out
> /home/mcidas/mcidas2009/g2clib/../src/makelog

Gotem, thanks!

'makelog' is strongly suggesting that the environment for the user
building McIDAS-X is not configured fully.   I say this because of lines
that look like:

D__64BIT__ -O3 -I/home/mcidas/mcidas2009/g2clib/../jasper/src/libjasper/include
-DUS
E_JPEG2000   -c -o gridtemplates.o gridtemplates.c

This line is missing the name of the C compiler to be run (gcc in your case),
and
this, in turn, is suggesting that the CC environment variable was not set before
the build attempt.

The recommendation is to setup environment for the user building Unidata
McIDAS-X
as outlined in:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Software -> McIDAS
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/

    Documentation
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/#documentation

      User's Guide
      http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/current/users_guide/toc.html

The relevant portion of the User Guide is:

Chapter 1 - Installing and Configuring McIDAS-X -> Installing McIDAS-X on Unix
or Mac OS X Workstations
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/current/users_guide/InstallingMcIDAS-XonUnixorMacOSXWorkstations.html

  Preparing the mcidas Account

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/current/users_guide/PreparingthemcidasAccount.html

The part I am referring to is adding the appropriate 'sourcing' in your
user's shell-specific definition file (e.g., .cshrc for C-like shells,
.bash_profile for Bash, etc.).  Here is the example listed for Bash:

# McINST_ROOT and VENDOR conforming shell defines
# needed to bulid McIDAS
McINST_ROOT=$HOME
VENDOR=-gfortran
export McINST_ROOT VENDOR

# NOTE: uncomment the next two lines that set MySQL_ROOT if you
#       want to build with MySQL support:
#       - leave the value blank if MySQL is installed in a standard
#         location
#       - specify the value as the root directory of the MySQL
#         installation if MySQL is not installed in a standard
#         location
# MySQL_ROOT=TRUE
# export MySQL_ROOT

if [ -e $HOME/admin/mcidas_env.sh ]; then
  . $HOME/admin/mcidas_env.sh
fi

If you have any other McIDAS defines in your shell definition file,
remove them before adding this section.  After making the changes
the easiest thing to do is logoff and then log back on.

Once all of the environment variables have been defined fully/correctly,
you will need to do the following:

cd ~mcidas/mcidas2009/src
make clobber

make       <- builds McIDAS-X

OR

make all   <- builds McIDAS-X and McIDAS-XCD

Just so you know, my development environment is CentOS x86_64 v6.6,
so you should be building in the same environment as I develop in
daily.

Please let me know if the above approach does not work for you.

Ticket ID: KZM-950561
Department: Support McIDAS