[McIDAS #WGX-237531]: Mcidas-X

Hi Justin,

re:
> What I mean by continuous ingest is a program that will update as new data
> is received.

OK.  GEMPAK, the IDV and McIDAS-V all have the capability to reload/update
displays periodically so that new data will be incorporated into their
displays.  NMAP2/GEMPAK is particularly good at this kind of work flow.

re:
> I haven't tried nmap2, but will give it a shot. I just need to properly
> configured the source file.

If questions arise as you are setting up GEMPAK, please open a new
inquiry by sending an email to address@hidden.

re:
> I'll give all the programs a shot and see which works best for what I was
> trying to accomplish.

If you find that NMAP2/GEMPAK does not do what you want/need, I will be happy
to help you get Unidata McIDAS-X installed and configured to serve data.

re:
> Personally, I would just use AWIPS 2, but it can't handle all the different
> area file headers yet.

AWIPS-II is still young.  Better support for things like satellite imagery
will come as it matures.

Ticket ID: WGX-237531
Department: Support McIDAS