[McIDAS #WGX-237531]: Mcidas-X

Hi Justin,

re:
> I would like to request access to McIDAS software.
> I teach earth-space science at Bloomingdale High School in Florida and
> would like to display satellite imagery through an LDM feed for my classes.

Unidata's license with the owners of McIDAS-X limits our ability to
make our distribution, Unidata McIDAS-X, available to those outside
of the U.S. university community.  There has been in the past, however,
special dispensations made for U.S. high school use of the package, so
your use will likely qualify, but I will need to check nonetheless.

re:
> I worked as a meteorologist prior, so I am familiar with weather
> software in general.

Yes, anyone who has the guts to get AWIPS-II working definitely has
the necessary credentials :-)

Question:

- have you tried using the IDV for your satellite imagery display
  and analysis?

  If yes, what about the IDV does not suit your needs?

re:
> Thank you for your time!

No worries.

Ticket ID: WGX-237531