[Datastream #BMZ-882770]: AIREP/PIREP MD data on ADDE.UCAR.EDU ?

Hi Matthew,

All I can say is oops!  I meant to answer this email last week, but I
forgot.

re:
> How are you?  I hope all is well.

I'm doing well, thanks.  And you?

re:
> Just as a note of interest – I've not seen any new MD files under the
> RTPTSRC/AIRCRAFT dataset on ADDE.UCAR.EDU as of the last several weeks.

The XCD DMMISC data monitor was turned off on adde.ucar.edu because
it was core dumping about once per minute.  Since this kind of problem
can clear itself when the .RAP/.RAT files used have been "cleaned out
or replaced", I figured that turning off the data monitory for a day
or so would mitigate the problem.  The problem with this approach is
that I forgot to turn the data monitor on after a couple of days.  Just
so you know, I did turn it on after seeing this inquiry last week.
I have not checked to make sure that the core dumping problem did not
return, but I figured that if it had our system administrators would
have harangued me about the problem :-)

re:
> Should I be e-mailing notices like this to a support list at Unidata
> rather than you??  Let me know which one would be ideal.

Yes.  You should send questions like this to either of the following:

address@hidden

address@hidden

Sorry for the silence!

Ticket ID: BMZ-882770