[McIDAS #EBG-395236]: Jython Scripting

Hi Daphne,

I put a compressed file (FOG.zip) of fog product AREA files out on
our anonymous FTP server for you to grab:

machine:   ftp.unidata.ucar.edu
user:      anonymous
pass:      address@hidden
directory: pub/mcidas/FsuFog
file:      FOG.zip

Each file is a product created from the combination of the IR (10.7 um)
and IRS (3.9 um) GOES-East channels using the formula:

brit = 150 + 10*(T10.7-T3.9)

The calibration for converting brightness back into delta(T[K]) has
been included in the AREA file, so one can easily interrogate
the images for values at user-selected points using McIDAS-X,
McIDAS-V or the IDV.

I have not (yet) used your list of stations/lat,lons to generate
CSV files of delta(T[K])s as a function of date/time, but I could
do this if you want me to.

Please let me know if you have any questions about how the FOG
AREA files were created, or if you see anything that looks amiss.

Ticket ID: EBG-395236
Department: Support McIDAS