[McIDAS #TEU-219455]: topo map

Hi Kwan,

re:
> Thanks.  Is the GINI format new?

I added support for images in GINI format a long ago (10 years? this is a
guess).

> It is not even listed in the DSSERVE help.

Hmm... I never noticed that.  The other standard format that is not listed
in the DSSERVE help is NEXR, which is for NEXRAD Level III images.  I wonder
why SSEC never added these types to the HELP.

re:
> What I am trying to accomplish is to remap the topo map to a stereographic
> projection with standard longitude along 97 degrees W.  I have attempted to
> do that a few different ways.  The last that I tried was
>
> dsserve.k ADD TOPO/NEW GINI TYPE=IMAGE DIRFILE=$MCDATA/newustopo_hires.area
> "TOPO"

This is OK.

re:
> cp $MCDATA/newustopo_hires.area $MCDATA/newustopo_hires.area2
>
> dsserve.k ADD TOPO/NEW2 GINI TYPE=IMAGE
> DIRFILE=$MCDATA/newustopo_hires.area2 "new TOPO"
>
> imgremap.k TOPO/NEW TOPO/NEW2 PRO=PS X 97 SSI=ALL SIZE=ALL
>
> But then I got:
>
> Beginning Image Data transfer, bytes= 805952
> imgremap.k: transformations complete ... begin data move
> imgremap.k: Area number not valid
> imgremap.k: Failed to open connection to put destination image
>
> So, what am I doing wrong here?

GINI is not supported as an output format type; the standard output
type image format is AREA.  Given this, you should be doing:

cd $MCDATA

dsserve.k ADD MYDATA/IMAGES AREA 0 9999 \"All Images in AREA format
imgremap.k TOPO/NEW MYDATA/IMAGES.3000 PRO=PS X 97 SSI=ALL SSIZE=ALL SIZE=SAME

This should result in the creation of the file AREA3050 in the $MCDATA
directory.

Ticket ID: TEU-219455