[McIDAS #SRD-104827]: ADDE port trouble again

Hi Suvarchal,

re:
> Sorry for late reply, but i still have the same issue,
> even after disabling firewall allow 112 port udp/tcp from
> firewall GUI or UFW allow 112.

The firewall that is most probably to be the cause of the problems
you are experiencing is one that is likely not under your control.
We learned that UMiami is blocking outbound traffic to port 112
on remote machines in the WiFi network we were trying to use during
the IDV training workshop we put on a couple of months back.  We
broached the possibility of changing the block policy with folks in
campus networking, but there was simply not enough time for them
to consider the request much less act on it.

re:
> So i am wondering if the port blocking is only thing or is it just
> specific to me?

It is most definitely not related to you alone.  Just so you know, the
firewall on weather.rsmas.miami.edu allows traffic on port 112 to the
world.  I know that this works because I have tested access to the
ADDE server on weather from lots of different networks over the
past several months.

re:
> I attached the bundle, if some one would like to try, in return you get
> next days of forecast.

OK.  I will try out your bundle later today or tomorrow.  I am not expecting
any problems, but one never knows...

Have a great weekend!

Ticket ID: SRD-104827
Department: Support McIDAS