[McIDAS #SRD-104827]: ADDE port trouble again

Hi Brian and Suvarchal,

re: Brian commented:
> Adde goes through a port number that is firewalled in some places. Subtle.
> You are the third issue with it in my group in 6 mos.

Hmm... It would be very useful for us to get the bundle that Suvarchal is
running so we could examine it closely.

re:
> Tom, must it be so?

The firewall on weather.rsmas.miami.edu has opened access to the port
used by McIDAS ADDE (port 112) to the world, so any connection attempt
that is being blocked is not being blocked on weather.rsmas.miami.edu.
Whether or not some other firewall/security perimeter is setup to block
access to the same port for select domains is something that I have
no way of knowing.  I can say, however, that I use the ADDE server on
weather.rsmas.miami.edu _all_ of the time from both McIDAS-X and IDV
both from the UCAR Guest WiFi network, and from my home network.  Because
of this it would seem that there should not be any firewall/security
perimeter blocking access to the ADDE port on weather.rsmas.miami.

Again, being able to examine one or more bundles that Suvarchal is
having problems with would be most helpful.  The bundle(s) should
be sent to address@hidden

Ticket ID: SRD-104827