[McIDAS #MMD-610472]: 20140718: Problem matching projections between McIDAS and Terascan

Hi Greg,

First, I drove your email into our inquiry tracking system so that
it our exchanges can be made public so others can benefit.

Request:

In the future, please send support questions to the top-specific
email address for the package in question.  For example:

McIDAS  - address@hidden
GEMPAK  - address@hidden
IDD     - address@hidden
LDM     - address@hidden
etc.

If it is not obvious which package-specific email the inquiry should
be sent to, send the email to our general support address:

address@hidden

Following this guideline will insure that the inquiry gets looked at
as soon as possible since most packages that we support will be looked
at by more than one staff member.

TIA!

re:
> I'm generating a mercator projection image from both Terascan and
> McIDAS for GOES-East and I'm getting very different images (see
> attached). I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'm trying to
> plot a vis image at 1km resolution centered at 39.25N 105.0W in an image
> 925 pixels high by 1050 wide (for McIDAS I did 924 x 1048). The Terascan
> image is labeled satellite.GOES-13.* while the McIDAS one is labeled
> ops.goes-13* . If I calculate where the E,W,N and S edges should be for
> a Mercator projection with the above constraints, I get:
>
> N:  43.2804569041693
> S:  34.9738848762491
> E: 111.08983296326
> W:  98.9101670367398
>
> which match very well the Terascan image but are not even close for the
> McIDAS one. Below is the IMGREMAP command I'm running:
>
> imgremap.k $sdset $ddset.$dpos TIME=$time LATLON=$latlon PRO=MERC 0
> RES=$res SIZE=$lin $ele SSIZE=ALL BAND=$band
>
> where
> $res = 1
> $latlon = 39.25 105.00
> $lin = 925
> $ele = 1050
> $band = 1
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Quite frankly, I don't see anything amiss right off.  It would help me
troubleshoot what is going on if I had access the original image so
I can replicate the remapping procedure.  It may well be that I already
have access to the image(s), but I wouldn't know this from the indirect
reference to the source ADDE dataset being accessed via '$sdset'.

Ticket ID: MMD-610472
Department: Support McIDAS