[McIDAS #QCG-837508]: Excessive Noise on GOES-East data

Hi Fred,

re:
> The GOES-east data this morning has excessive noise in the data
> from your antenna.  Other sources of GOES data do not show this
> problem.  Is there a problem with your antenna pointing?

A foot of snow in the dish is the likely cause.  Mike should be
swapping the goeseast naming to a different dish that should
not be affected as much as the current dish.

re:
> The other day I was reading about the increased ground station
> requirements for the new GOES-R satellite.

Can you pass along a pertinent URL?

re:
> What are the Unidata plans for receiving GOES-R data?

We have worked through costs for installing both GOES-East
and GOES-West ingestion in the GOES-R era.  Since the hardware
requirements that will be needed for GOES-R ingest seem to still
be "fluid", the best we can do is keep informed and redo budgets.

re:
> Will current McIDAS access methods via ADDE still be supported
> in the GOES-R era?

We believe that the answer to this is yes.  We will not be able
to commit to this position until more specific information is
known about the services that NOAA will implement.

Ticket ID: QCG-837508
Department: Support McIDAS