[McIDAS #BNP-247945]: Problem in compiling McIDAS-X 2009

Hi again Bob,

I found the following comment from a different MacOS-X user:

>> I have managed to get the Mcidas compile to complete by setting the
>> HAVE_BSDGETTIMEOFDAY flag to 0 instead of 1 in tclConfig.sh, deleting
>> libtcl8.5.a and reissuing make mcx

I responded:

> Excellent!  I assume you meant you changed HAVE_BSDGETTIMEOFDAY in
> tclConfig.h, not .sh.

> By the way, I believe that the other way that this could be handled
> is by modifying the ccopts= flag in mccomp.sh to include setting
> of HAVE_BSDGETTIMEOFDAY to zero (-DHAVE_BSDGETTIMEOFDAY=0); clobbering
> the McIDAS build up to that point (make clobber); and then starting
> the build anew (make mcx).

Can you try the latter approach:

<as 'mcidas'>

cd ~mcidas/mcidas2009/src
-- edit the file 'mccomp.sh':

   - change the 'ccopts' in in the Darwin section (line 1208):

change:

        ccopts="-ansi -DFREEBSD -DREGEXEC_STRSTR -D_GNU_SOURCE -no-cpp-precomp
-I/usr/X11R6/include"

to:
        ccopts="-ansi -DFREEBSD -DREGEXEC_STRSTR -DHAVE_BSDGETTIMEOFDAY=0
-D_GNU_SOURCE -no-cpp-precomp -I/usr/X11R6/include"

then:

make clobber
make

Please let me know the result of this approach.

Ticket ID: BNP-247945
Department: Support McIDAS