[McIDAS #PWN-465989]: McIDAS download?

Hi Rick,

re:
> Hi, I would like to download McIDAS-X for our work with UW Space
> Sciences. Becky of the McIDAS User’s Group sent me to you.

Very good.

re:
> I get a 403 error when I try to hit the download page (I can log in just
> fine). We are, in fact, an educational institution!

Affiliation types for U.S. .edu users should automatically be granted
download access to Unidata McIDAS-X.  The typical thing that this
automatic access is the affiliation type entered when registering
with our web site does not reflect that the user is from a degree-granting
educational institution.

In cases like your, we have to add the user to a list of users who should
be granted access; I have just done this for you.  Please retry downloading
again to make sure that it is not working.

NB: I am in the processing of updating the Unidata McIDAS-X release, and
I hope to have this finished by COB today or sometime this weekend.  Because
of this I would recommend that you wait to download Unidata McIDAS-X until
Monday.

re:
> Thanks much,

No worries.  Welcome to Unidata!