[McIDAS #TTI-427756]: McIDAS linking problems on Mac OS X: subroutine/symbol cblank in plotsub.for undefined

Hi David,

re:
> I have managed to get the Mcidas compile to complete by setting the
> HAVE_BSDGETTIMEOFDAY flag to 0 instead of 1 in tclConfig.sh, deleting
> libtcl8.5.a and reissuing make mcx

Excellent!  I assume you meant you changed HAVE_BSDGETTIMEOFDAY in
tclConfig.h, not .sh.

By the way, I believe that the other way that this could be handled
is by modifying the ccopts= flag in mccomp.sh to include setting
of HAVE_BSDGETTIMEOFDAY to zero (-DHAVE_BSDGETTIMEOFDAY=0); clobbering
the McIDAS build up to that point (make clobber); and then starting
the build anew (make mcx).

re:
> It seems the configure script for some reason seemed to think I have
> BSDgettimeofday...

Yes, this is weird.

re:
> In any case, seems to work, though not entirely satisfactory, so
> don't want to wasted any more of your time.

Well, it is not a waste of my time since I will have to address
the issue in new releases.

re:
> I get a working complilation.

Excellent.

re:
> However, when I bring up mcidas, it complains that it can't find a
> working version of tk.tcl, trigged by a 'tk_version > 8.5' check in mcgui.k

Hmm... this is weird and unexpected.  Can you provide more information?

re:
> command line seems to work fine, which will probably be all I need,

Very good.

re:
> but of course if I can get the tkl/tk version working, all the better...
> any ideas?

Troubleshooting of the 'working version of tk.tcl' issue is the next order
of business.

re:
> Thanks again so much for all your help!!!

No worries.  Kudos to you for diving into the Tcl code!

Ticket ID: TTI-427756