[NOAAPORT #VHS-648329]: noaaport ingest

Hi Randy,

re:
> Following up on your last email below I have a few more questions.

Ready...

re:
> 1) According to your email, they would setup an equivalent to our noaapxcd
> (call it
>    noaapAwips) and they have LDM running on it.

Correct.

re:
>    Does the LDM present the data in the format that AWIPS can directly read?

The LDM is bundled with AWIPS-II as is our NOAAPort ingest package.  AWIPS-II
is,
therefore, fully aware of the form of the data that is delivered by the LDM
where the source of the data is NOAAPort.

re:
> 2) I assume we would have a separate down stream server which would run the
> AWIPS II
> software and it would request data from noaapAwips?

This setup would mirror what has been implemented in an NWS WFO.

re:
> 3) Is McIDAS-xcd used anywhere in the process to get the data into AWIPS II?

No.  McIDAS-XCD relates to McIDAS only.

Ticket ID: VHS-648329
Department: Support NOAAPORT