[NOAAPORT #VHS-648329]: noaaport ingest

Hi Randy,

re:
> Martha retired last year so its myelf and Heather Kiley.

OK.

re:
> The people here at NG are interested in setting up an AWIPS terminal and i
> have
> suggested to them that they setup their own "noaapxcd".

I don't know if you mean an AWIPS I or AWIPS II "termainal".  The setups are
very
different from one another, so which one does make a difference.  If you are
talking about AWIPS II, then those interested in setting it up will undoubtedly
need to do the setup on one or more machines other than noaapxcd.  If they
are interested in setting up AWIPS I, I have no information on what may
need to be done.

re:
> You are correct i just wanted to test the NIMAGE out on my system and look at
> the data
> in mcidas but then turn it all off. Just want to prove to myself that i can
> see the data.

OK, the needed setup is still the same as I sent in a previous email.
The first step is to FILE the products to disk.  After that is up and
working, the next step is to setup McIDAS ADDE serving of the data.

re:
> I'll be leaving it up to our awips team to figure out how to ingest the data

OK.

re:
> but it
> looks like this is a good starting point for them, yes?

No, not if you/they are talking about AWIPS II.  Again, it has its own
procedure for ingesting, processing and serving the data to CAVE (Common
Awips Visualization Environment).

re:
> i wanted to make sure i'm doing what you indicated.
>
> 1) lines below goes into the pqact.conf file
>
> NIMAGE<tab>^satz/ch[0-9]/.*/(.*)/([12][0-9][0-9][0-9][01][0-9][0-3][0-9])
> ([0-2][0-9])([0-5][0-9])/(.*)/(.*km)/
> <tab>FILE<tab>-close
> <tab>data/pub/native/satellite/\1/\5_\6/\2/\5_\6_\1_\2_\3\4.gini

Yes, after changing the <tab> indicators to actual tab characters.

re:
> 2) lines below are modfied in my ldmd.conf file
>
> exec "pqact -f WMO|NGRID|NIMAGE /usr/local/ldm/etc/pqact.conf"

OK.

re:
> 3) what do you mean by the following line:
>
> AND putting the action at the end of ~ldm/etc/pqact.conf.

The same as 1) above.  I am suggesting that you put the action at
the end of the file, not at the beginning.

Ticket ID: VHS-648329
Department: Support NOAAPORT