[McIDAS #MBP-359564]: Script to retreive SSEC Openarchive AREA files

Hi Kevin,

re:
> No prob ... yes, you can use the same machine that you used when you
> helped me set up the ADDE server ... derecho.atmos.albany.edu

Very good.

Now we need to talk about exactly what you want.  Since I haven't used
the SSEC GOES archive, I don't know off of the top of my head the
following:

- name of the machine(s) that you need to contact for the data

- group name of the dataset(s) that you are interested in

- what bands (wavelength channels) you are interested in

- what spatial coverage you want

- what time period(s) you are interested in

- whether the local store of data needs to be 10-bit or 8-bit

Question:

- do you have access credentials for the SSEC archive?

  If yes, this would be for a specific machine (and be by IP address).
  That is the machine where the script(s) should reside so your
  credentials will be valid.

Ticket ID: MBP-359564