[McIDAS #PTN-814666]: McIDAS Build under Centos 6.4 64 bit stops at mnmx.for

Hi Brendon,

It's training workshop time here at the UPC, so answers to questions
might be a little slower than usual...

re: your CentOS 6.4 setup
> It's stock Centos 6.4, compiler versions for gfortran are identical to
> what you have listed.

Very good.  Everything should work nicely if you are using the current
gcc and gfortran compilers.

re:
> However, the makelog seems to indicate McIDAS is
> using g77 and not gfortran.  How can I specify which compiler to use?

This tells me that your setup does not follow the guidelines detailed in
the Unidata McIDAS-X Users Guide:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Software -> McIDAS
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/

    Documentation
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/#documentation

      Unidata McIDAS-X Users Guide
      http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/current/users_guide/toc.html

The section to review is:

Chapter 1 - Installing and Configuring McIDAS-X
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/current/users_guide/InstallingandConfiguringMcIDAS-X.html#17470

  Installing McIDAS-X on Unix or Mac OS X Workstations

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/current/users_guide/InstallingMcIDAS-XonUnixorMacOSXWorkstations.html#63755

    Preparing the mcidas Account

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/current/users_guide/PreparingthemcidasAccount.html#22841

The procedure outlined in the last page parallel the concept introduced
in GEMPAK: read in setup parameters from an environment file.

You need modify your shell definition file (e.g., .cshrc for Cshell,
.bash_profile for BASH, etc.).  When incorporating the lines outlined
in the page above, you should change the VENDOR environment variable
to gfortran instead of g77.

After modifying the shell definition file, you need to source the file
for the changes to take effect, and then redo the McIDAS build.  For
example:

<as 'mcidas'>
cd ~mcidas
-- edit .bash_profile
. .bash_profile

cd mcidas2009/src
make clobber
make          (or 'make all', etc.)
make install  (or 'make install.all', etc.)

Ticket ID: PTN-814666
Department: Support McIDAS