[McIDAS #KKB-703376]: Problem with misaligned highlighted borders on high resolution GOES images

Hi JoÃo,

re:
> I have been working with GOES imagery as of late, generating two types of
> files for each view, a low-res 480x640 image and a high-res 5000x5000 image.
>
> Both are displayed in the links below.
>
> http://146.164.46.6/sat/VIS/GOES/brasil/VIS-BRASIL.GIF
>
> http://146.164.46.6/sat/VIS/GOES/brasil/VIS-BRASIL-HD.GIF (warning 8.7 MB
> file)
>
> For some reason, the country and state borders are weirdly placed on the
> second image. Part of it is correct, but another part is completely wrong.
>
> I am using the same code to generate the borders for both resolutions:
>
> MAP X -1 DASH=3 X 6 FILE=OUTLHPOL LIN=1 455;MAP L 1 LIN=1 455
> MAP X 2 FILE=OUTBRAZILST
> GU MAKE 1 YELLOW
> FRMSAVE X VIS-BRASIL-HD
>
> Sorry, Accidently pressed sent on the last email.
>
> Anyways, Am I using those MCIDAS commands incorrectly?

I think that what is happening is that your script displays satellite
images in two frames and you are not explicitly telling MAP which
frame to use when drawing the map/using navigation to draw the map.

Here is pseudo code for what I am recommending:

IMGDISP <dataset> 1 <keywords>
MAP X -1 DASH=3 X 6 FILE=OUTLHPOL LIN=1 455 IMA=1 GRA=1 ;MAP L 1 LIN=1 455
IMA=1 GRA=1
MAP X 2 FILE=OUTBRAZILST IMA=1 GRA=1
GU MAKE 1 YELLOW GRA=1
WAIT 1
FRMSAVE X VIS-BRASIL-HD

IMGDISP <dataset2> 2 <keywords>
MAP X -1 DASH=3 X 6 FILE=OUTLHPOL LIN=1 455 IMA=2 GRA=2 ;MAP L 1 LIN=1 455
IMA=2 GRA=2
MAP X 2 FILE=OUTBRAZILST IMA=2 GRA=2
GU MAKE 1 YELLOW GRA=1
WAIT 1
FRMSAVE X VIS-BRASIL-HD

OR

SF 1
IMGDISP <dataset> 1 <keywords>
MAP X -1 DASH=3 X 6 FILE=OUTLHPOL LIN=1 455;MAP L 1 LIN=1 455
MAP X 2 FILE=OUTBRAZILST
GU MAKE 1 YELLOW
WAIT 1
FRMSAVE X VIS-BRASIL-XX

SF 2
IMGDISP <dataset2> 2 <keywords>
MAP X -1 DASH=3 X 6 FILE=OUTLHPOL LIN=1 455;MAP L 1 LIN=1 455
MAP X 2 FILE=OUTBRAZILST
GU MAKE 1 YELLOW
WAIT 1
FRMSAVE X VIS-BRASIL-HD

Don't pay any attention to the positional or keyword parameters in
the above pseudo code EXCEPT for the IMA= and GRA= keywords.

Ticket ID: KKB-703376