[McIDAS #AME-140292]: TDF to AREA conversion

Hi Rogerio,

re:
> I am Rogerio from INPE/Brazil, I'm trying for a few months generate
> GOES-12 images ingested here in the area format, searching on internet I
> found the email below and interested me so much because it is exactly what
> I need, here we also use the TeraScan software to ingest the images,

The email you refer to below is not really what you need.  The reason I say
this is that the Terrascan images that Darren was able to convert were no
properly calibrated at all, AND the process of creating the image sector
resulted in loss of information.

re:
> it
> would be possible to send me the source code to convert tdf to area format

I would send along the source code if I had it, but, unfortunately, I never
did.  I believe that Darren no longer works for UCAR/JOSS, so it will not
be possible to contact him for guidance.  I will ask someone who worked
with Darren and the folks at UW/SSEC to see if they have any clues on
how to correctly convert Terrascan TDS images into McIDAS AREA files.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help...

Ticket ID: AME-140292
Department: Support McIDAS