[McIDAS #FHN-163718]: Need help installing McIDAS on VM

Hi Gilbert,

re: packages to install in order to successfully build and run McIDAS-X

> Wow. Is this in the instructions, or did I bloew
> past them too quickly?

No, these are not in the instructions.  Why?  Because one may not need
to install the packages depending on how complete of a build environment
is already installed on the target machine.

re: waiting for the build to finish

OK, McIDAS-X has been built and installed on both VMs.  The procedure was
the same on both:

- install missing packages
- unset LIBPATH environment variable (may not be needed, but I think that
  it is a good idea)
- make clobber; make all; make install.all

re:
> Thanks so much, Tom, I appreciate it.

No worries.  This was an easy one :-)

re:
> I'll look forward to the built
> machines, and as you may have guessed, these will replace weather,
> weather2 and weather3.

OK.  The McIDAS build on the VMs you using is the same as my McIDAS
development environment, CentOS 6.4 x86_64.  Piece of cake :-)

Ticket ID: FHN-163718
Department: Support McIDAS