[McIDAS #IFI-844551]: Using McIDAS scripts on the crontab

Hi João,

re: running McIDAS commands from a script

> Things appear to be working well (by the way, I later noticed that mcbatch
> and mcrun were in my MCDATA folder).

Very good.

re:
> One problem that does exist is that logging has been compromised.
> Mcbatch.sh simply does not echo any output!

Question:

- the copy of mcbatch.sh that I include with Unidata McIDAS redirects
  all textual output (i.e., log messages) to the file specified
  in the MCLOG environment variable that is set in the script:

#
# Define MCLOG to be $MCDATA/mcbatch.log
#

MCLOG=$MCDATA/mcbatch.log

#
# Send all textual output to the log file
#

exec 2>$MCLOG 1>&2

Question:

- are you saying that the file $MCDATA/mcbatch.log does not
  exist?

- or are you saying that the file $MCDATA/mcbatch.log exists
  but does not have nay content?

re:
> Thanks anyways,

No worries.