[McIDAS #ECE-924432]: Creating and populating a local ADDE server

Hi Kevin,

re:
> Hi Tom, yes, I left a link in /home/ldm to point to /usr/local/ldm,
> anticipating that
> there would be some pointers to /home/ldm that I missed when I moved the ldm
> account
> home directory.

OK.

re:
> Curious about pqact.conf_mcidasB ... aside from playing with the path to
> ldmfile.sh, I
> don't recall making any other changes to it last evening

Hmm... This must mean that the copy of pqact.conf_mcidasB that is in ~ldm/etc
is the result of a 'mcxconfig' run previous to the one that I made.

re:
(I did not have any beer last night, so my memory is likely worse than usual
... hahaha) ...

:-)  I did have beer, but I am looking at the file this morning as I sip on
coffee ;-)

re:
> file only should be fine
> ... whatever you typically do in an initial startup.

OK.  I will remove the 'pnga2area' invocations from the copy of
pqact.conf_mcidasB
that is being used by the LDM, and I will figure out why the processing of
imagery using 'ldmfile.sh' is not working as it should.

re:
> It is curious about the logging.  Once I switched home directory of ldm,
> logging
> started.  I always disable SELINUX when I install CentOS.

Many, many users install the LDM in /home/ldm, and their installations work
fine as long as /home/ldm is not on an NFS-mounted file system.  Why/if moving
the directory made logging start working is a BIG mystery to me!

re:
> Feel free to have at it now ...

Will do.  I will send you an update when I figure the 'ldmfile.sh'-related
issue out.  It should be something pretty simple (simple enough to overlook)...

Ticket ID: ECE-924432