[McIDAS #ECE-924432]: Creating and populating a local ADDE server

Hi Kevin,

re:
> I've done the set up and installation about as accurately as I could ...
> interestingly,
> it appeared that several scripts/programs did not get installed in
> ~mcidas/bin when I
> ran make install xcd.

Just to make sure we are on the same page:

The installation targets are:

make install      <- installs McIDAS-X only
make install.mcx  <-           "

make install.xcd  <- installs -XCD (McIDAS must be installed previously)

make install.all  <- installs McIDAS-X and -XCD

The typical installation for a site that wants to run XCD is:

make install.all

re:
> When I ran into these errors in the mcidasmcx script, I copied
> them manually from mcidas2009/src into the bin directory.  These included:
>
> ingebin.k
> ingetext.k
> gribadmin
> decinfo.k

At this point, I would say that all bets are off.  I would redo things as
as follows:

<as 'mcidas'>
cd ~mcidas/mcidas2009/src
make clobber
make all
make install.all

re:
> When I launch ldm (currently only processing DDPLUS), the XCD_START.LOG
> continuously
> reports this error:
>
> Starting DDS at 13116.213000
> problem with file CIRCUIT.DAT
> may need to be initialized with circuit command
> ingetext.k: Done

As I said above, all bets are off if you had to hand-copy executables to the
~mcidas/bin directory.

re:
> I noticed that circuit.k was not installed in ~/mcidas/bin, so I placed it
> there and ran
> it to see if that would help, but it did not.

Please see procedure above.

re:
> That's it for the week for me, so maybe next week I'll have you pay a remote
> house call
> if you don't have any immediate ideas for this error above.
>
> Have a good weekend,

I think that if you follow the ABC above, you will be very close to being
done.

Ticket ID: ECE-924432