[ldmMcidas #OJB-462098]: Help! Things are not working

Hi Dave,

re:
> Tom that env .sh file is read each login right.

Correct.

re:
> So no need to recompile the
> one I have running on the new weather.

Also correct,

> Just need to edit that variable correct?

Correct.  I made the change to ~mcidas/admin/mcidas_env.sh on
the new climate.  I logged into weather.cod.edu to see if it also had
the problem; it did not, it was using an older version of the mcidas_env.sh
script.

So, if you have a brand-new installation of McIDAS v2009n on any
machine at COD, you should edit ~mcidas/admin/mcidas_env.sh
and:

change:

MCGUI=$MBIN

to:

MCGUI=$MCBIN

(the typo was the missing 'C').

After the editorial change, logoff and then log back on and
run:

env | grep ^MC

Make sure that MCGUI is defined to be something like
MCGUI=/home/mcidas/bin

On climate it was:

MCGUI=

before my editing change.