[McIDAS #UGY-921131]: mcidas check.

Hi Dave,

re:
> I noticed that in your decoders ~ldm/ldm-mcidas/bin points to the 2008
> directory still.
> Do we want to point to the 2012?

What I typically do is copy the ldm-mcidas decoders that I intend to use
into the ~ldm/decoders directory.  The PATH for 'ldm' allows their use
because I set:

PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin:$HOME/decoders:$HOME/util

re:
> This install worked like a charm on the weather side,  I documented this all
> on a Google Doc from this email for future installs/rebuilds.

Very good.

re:
> Knowing those env variables was the hard part and that is pretty much where
> I had major problems in the compile.

Yup, that gets me also.

re:
> Anyways, on the old climate, do you think we are fairly good on
> everything except the dc* decoders and a few other decoders.

I think so, but I am not as intimately familiar with the setup
so I can't say for sure if something is amiss.

re:
> I emailed paul to find out where the gempak decoders got populated
> if it was a script or if they just hand copied everything over.

We recommend building the package to be used on the target system
This eliminates/minimizes problems down the road.

re:
> Tomorrow I'm going to start porting data over, so you'll notice
> a lot of activity :)

Sounds good!

Ticket ID: UGY-921131