[McIDAS #PIR-584729]: McIDAS Research Questions

Hi Rod,

re:
> Oh I see so this is the location of minimum/maximum effective radius of
> that region.

Yes.  Specifying the region IMGGRD uses to create a grid using your
Lat,Lon values for your region of interest results in statistics being
returned for that region.

> Minimum:   0.3078000E+03 occurred at [row,col]: [    2,   10]
>
> * [lat,lon]: [  34.59,  87.35]      *
>
> Maximum:   0.4438600E+03 occurred at [row,col]: [    4,    5]
>
> *[lat,lon]: [  34.39,  87.85]  *

re:
> Is this based on the original IR projection? Just to make sure?

Yes.

Comment:

- if everything is working correctly (i.e., IMGCOPY and IMGREMAP),
  and I believe that it _is_, then the location of the min/max will
  NOT depend on the projection of the image

  This is the reason that the overlay of contours of RICE on
  the radar base reflectivity image is valid.

Ticket ID: PIR-584729
Department: Support McIDAS