[McIDAS #XRM-303737]: IDV at Nebraska

Hi Clint,

I drove your email into the McIDAS portion of our inquiry tracking system
since the problem is related to McIDAS more than the IDV...

re:
> Good to see you in Austin - I especially enjoyed the Brazilian restaurant.

Austin was lots of fun!  I too really liked Fogo de Chao!!

re:
> I have some additional information about the problem Mark and his student
> are having with IDV in our lab.  I had no problem getting to motherlode
> to look at models and also some of the bundles.
>
> I talked to Jason, Mark's student, this morning and he showed me what they
> are having trouble with. They're going to Data Choosers > Sat & Radar >
> Images and using the default of Server: adde.ucar.edu, Dataset: RTImages.
> When they hit Connect, they get the following error:
>
> Error connecting to server. Neither Group/Dataset,
> nor FILE= occurs in client request string

Ah Ha!  The problem is that the datastet group name needs to be all
in capital letters:

RTIMAGES  not RTImages

re:
> If you want a login, try user demo1 on puelche.unl.edu (I can send you
> the password separately). IDV is at /apps/IDV_3.0u2/runIDV

No need, all that is needed is to change the dataset name to RTIMAGES and
all will be good.  Please remind Jason that all Dataset: names in the
image chooser need to be in capital letters.  This rule applies to
IDV, McIDAS-V and McIDAS-X.

Ticket ID: XRM-303737