[McIDAS #PIR-584729]: McIDAS Research Questions

Hi Rod,

re:
> Let me get this straight so here's the commands so far. I am getting these
> two images. Is this what I am supposed to get? IMAGE1.GIF is frame 5 and
> IMAGE2.GIF is frame 6? It just looks awkward to me.

The label for the GIF of reflectivity shows a unit of BRIT.  Looking through
the listing of your BATCH file shows that you did not change your IMGGRD
invocation to include the UNIT=RICE keyword sequence that I suggested
in a previous email:

You have:

LWU DEL GRID1000
IMGGRD AREA=3203 GRIDF=1000

I suggested you use:

LWU DEL GRID1000
IMGGRD AREA=3203 GRIDF=1000 UNIT=RICE

The GRDDISP invocation I suggested assumed that you had made the IMGGRD
change and, so, would be contouring RICE whose values are scaled by 10:

REM
REM Next, plot contours of RICE created in a previous step
REM on top of the NEXRAD Level III image
REM

GRDDISP LOC/GRIDS.1000 GRID=1 NAV=C CINT=5 POWER=-1 FORMAT=F5.1 COL=7 DASH=NEG

This is likely the reason that no contour lines are shown in the GIF
showing radar reflectivity.

Ticket ID: PIR-584729