[McIDAS #PIR-584729]: McIDAS Research Questions

Hi Rod,

re:
> Ok I see what your saying so now:
>
> IMGREMAP G13/ERAD27APR11 LOC/AREAS.3103 TIME=20:15
> Beginning Image Data transfer, bytes= 108532
> IMGREMAP: transformations complete ... begin data move
> Transferring AREA data outbound, bytes= 106368
> IMGREMAP: Done...
>
> LWU DEL GRID1000
> LWU:  File deleted: GRID1000
>
> IMGGRD AREA=3203 GRIDF=1000
> IMGGRD --- BEGIN
>
> *AVGs Written to Grid File=  1000
> *
> *                Grid     =  1 *      *Before this was GRID = 8 If I
> understood correctly?*

Correct.

re:
> IMGGRD --- DONE
>
> GRDINFO LOC/GRIDS.1000 STAT GRID=1

Yes, now you are getting the STAT listing for the grid you just created.

> Statistics of
> Parameter: AVG
> Units: BRIT
> Level of data: B#01
> Initial time of data: 201500 UTC
> Initial day of data:   2011117
> ****-hour forecast
>
> Dataset: LOC/GRIDS
>
> Minimum:   0.2090000E+03 occurred at [row,col]: [   55,   92]
> [lat,lon]: [  35.00,  89.00]
>
> Maximum:   0.2549800E+03 occurred at [row,col]: [   52,   91]
> [lat,lon]: [  38.00,  90.00]
>
> Mean:   0.2377357E+03
> SD  :   0.1321808E+02
> Number of points analyzed:  64619
> Number of points missing:   64570
>
> Row range:     1 to   179
> Col range:     1 to   361

So, you see that GRDINFO will tell you the location of the min and max
values for a grid.  That is what you asked about in a previous email.

Ticket ID: PIR-584729