[McIDAS #PIR-584729]: McIDAS Research Questions

Hi Rod,

re:
> See the attached text file.
>
> Just for a verification is the attached file what you are looking for or
> what you mean in the email? For instance in the case time of 20:15 UTC? It
> seems like its executing correctly but I want to make sure.

One observation about the text file you attached.  Consider the sequence listed:

IMGDISP LOC/AREAS.3203 4 LAT=34:00 88:20 EU=CLW3 SF=YES MAG=3
Beginning Image Data transfer, bytes= 24656
IMGDISP: loaded frame  4
IMGDISP: done
MAP LALO -2 INT=5 5 STATE=MS AL GA COUNTY=ALL MCOL=8
EU: Restoring CLW3.ET to frame(s)= 4
EU: Done
MAP: Completed frame 4
MAP FILE=OUTVHPOL MCOL=1
MAP: Completed frame 4

So, you just displayed the image in LOC/AREAS.3203 to frame 4.

re:
IMGREMAP G13/ERAD27APR11 LOC/AREAS.3103 TIME=20:15
Beginning Image Data transfer, bytes= 108532
IMGREMAP: transformations complete ... begin data move
Transferring AREA data outbound, bytes= 106368
IMGREMAP: Done...

You just created an image in LOC/AREAS.3103.

re:
IMGGRD AREA=3203 GRIDF=1000
IMGGRD --- BEGIN
AVGs Written to Grid File=  1000
                Grid     =  8
IMGGRD --- DONE

You converted the image in LOC/AREAS.3203 to a grid in GRID
file 1000.

Question:

- is LOC/AREAS.3203 (which is AREA3203) or LOC/AREAS.3103 (which is
  AREA3103) the image you want to convert to a grid?

Comment:

- NOTE that it was written into Grid 8, not Grid 1 (the 8th grid in
  the GRID file, not the first one!!).

  By default, IMGGRD will write the grid being created to the end of
  the GRID file specified.  If the GRID file is brand new (e.g.,
  IMGGRD has to create it), the grid position will be 1.  If the
  file already existed and there are grids already stored in it,
  then the grid number will be N+1 where N is the number of grids
  already in the file.

re:
GRDINFO LOC/GRIDS.1000 STAT GRID=1
Statistics of
Parameter: AVG

You are asking for statistics for the first grid in GRID file
1000, not the one that was just created by IMGGRD (Grid 8).
I do not think that this is what you were intending to do.

If you want to list statistics for the grid just created, there
are two ways to force the grid to be written into a known
grid position:

IMGGRD AREA=3203 GRIDF=1000 GRID=1

The GRID= keyword tells IMGGRD which grid to write in GRID file 1000.

OR

LWU DEL GRID1000
IMGGRD AREA=3203 GRIDF=1000

Deleting the output GRID file first will insure that the grid being
written will go into the first grid position/slot in the GRID file
since no other grids will have been written.

Ticket ID: PIR-584729
Department: Support McIDAS