[McIDAS #RDQ-637778]: Re: New Questions Regarding My Research

Hi Rod,

re:
> But I keep getting an error when typing this:
>
> IMGPROBE STAT BOX RICE OUTLINE=YES 6 MODE=N LINELE=61 121 F PLACE=ULEFT
> SIZE=11 28 EXCLUDE=-109.57 -6.77
>
> RICE is not valid calibration for band 1.
>
> What's the problem here?

First, I do _not_ get the error when running the following for an image which
I calibrated using the script I sent you:

SF 1
ERASE
IMGDISP G13/ERAD27APR11 LAT=34.8 88 TIME=20:25 EU=CLW3 REFRESH='EG;MAP H;MAP
COUNTY=ALL ST=MS AL GA MCOL=8'
IMGPROBE STAT BOX RICE OUTLINE=YES 6 MODE=N LINELE=61 121 F PLACE=ULEFT SIZE=11
28 EXCLUDE=-109.57 -6.77

Questions:

- did you load (IMGDISP) the image before running IMGPROBE?

- if yes, did you calibrate the image using the script I
  provided?

  The error suggests that the image being interrogated is not calibrated.

Comment:

- you have to be careful when specifying the EXCLUDE= keyword values

  For instance:

  EXCLUDE=-109.57 -6.77

  says to exclude the two values -109.57 and -6.77

  I think you want:

  EXCLUDE=-109.57--6.77

  which excludes the range of values between -109.57 through -6.77

  If you want to exclude all Erad values less than zero, then I
  would use:

  EXCLUDE=-109.57-0

Ticket ID: RDQ-637778
Department: Support McIDAS