[McIDAS #GHF-649340]: Question about creating another GROUP/Descriptor for IR

Hi Rod,

re:
> Oh I thought changing the batch file the way I originally did
> it....would produce the effective radius on top of the IR.
> I guess not.

It would have if you had begun the script with an IMGREMAP of
an Effective Radius image to create LOC/AREAS.3000.  The BATCH
file you sent along instead used IMGREMAP to remap an IR
image into LOC/AREAS.3000:

IMGREMAP G13/IR27APR11 LOC/AREAS.3000 TIME=19:55 LAT=30:00 86:30 SIZE=320 320
PRO=MERC RES=6

If this line had instead been:

IMGREMAP G13/ERAD27APR11 LOC/AREAS.3000 TIME=19:55 LAT=30:00 86:30 SIZE=320 320
PRO=MERC RES=6

then the rest of the modifications you made to the script should
have been OK.  This was likely a simple oversight...

re:
> I dont understand why I have to make a new grayscale though.

You wouldn't have to make a new grayscale if the first IMGREMAP had bee for
an Effective Radius image.

I will be in my office all afternoon if you would like to chat about
what you are trying to do...

Ticket ID: GHF-649340