[McIDAS #DBI-316279]: archive point data

Hi Don,

re:
> Thanks for fixing the GINI 4km IR name.

No worries.  I still need to make the same change to the data being
saved on adde.ssec.wisc.edu (the motherlode clone we run at SSEC).

re:
> I was looking at saving off
> some Hurricane Sandy data and ran into a problem with saving zidv
> bundles when using a time driver.  Yuan and I fixed most of that, but
> now the problem is that the surface and buoy data have aged off.

Nuts!  I meant to getting to this before now (sigh).

re:
> Is there an archive dataset (akin to NEXRCALL, GINIALL, etc) available for
> these data?

Unfortunately, no.

re:
> If not, what would you think about setting up one?

I have been meaning to do this.  I will try to get to it
today.

re:
> I was thinking that
> if you used the MD naming conventions, you could have something like
> MDyyyyMMdd (e.g., MD20121031) for the naming convention.  Would that be
> doable?

Yes.  I was thinking along much the same lines, MD_CCYYMMDD, much like
the naming convention for archived imagery (e.g., IR_CCYYMMDD_HHMM).

re:
> Thanks in advance.

No worries.

Ticket ID: DBI-316279