[McIDAS #GHF-649340]: Question about creating another GROUP/Descriptor for IR

Hi Rod,

re:
> Thanks!
>
> BTW...I cant rename the NCAT/GOES13IR part to G13/IR27APR11.ALL:

I am not sure I understand what you tried to do...

- did you create a dataset called G13/IR27APR11?

- or did you try to create a dataset called G13/IR27APR11.ALL?

If you tried the latter, then that is your problem.  The '.ALL'
portion of the IMGLIST invocation:

> IMGLIST NCAT/GOES13IR.ALL

says to list all of the images in the dataset; it is not part
of the dataset name.

The DSSERVE invocation using the naming I think you want is:

DSSERVE ADD G13/IR27APR11 AREA DIRFILE=/home/rod/mcidas/data/CLASS/*.BAND_04
"GOES-13 10.7 um Images from Class

(again assuming that the images are named such that their sufficies are
'.BAND_04'
and they can be found in the directory /home/rod/mcidas/data/CLASS).

re:
> If that is possible?

Please review the HELP for DSSERVE:

HELP DSSERVE