[McIDAS #JKQ-991036]: Re: MCIDAS Grayscale Question

Hi Rod,

Sorry, I did not see this question earlier...

re:
> Sorry I just realized why that county map didnt work its because I forgot
> to mention ALL on the command.

Very good.

re:
> Otherwise legend bar is perfect.

Excellent!

re:
> Now the question I have is there a way to
> change CLW2 enhancement to not include the green and just do all grayscale?

Yes.  One can use the EU command to create, delete or modify
enhancements.

re:
> For example as you can see the higher cloud temperatures should be dark
> gray and the low cloud temperature should be a lighter gray?

Easily done using 'EU MAKE'.

Here is one example:

EU REST CLW2

EU TABLE
 Brightness  Blue      Green      Red
  min max   min max   min max   min max
  --- ---   --- ---   --- ---   --- ---
    0   1   255 255   255 255   255 255
    2  40     0   0     6 255     0   0
   41 184   255 255   255 255   255 255
  185 201    81 246     1   9     1   9
  202 228   246   0     9 255     9 255
  229 255     0   0   255   0   255 255
EU: Done

EU MAKE 0 1 BLACK
EU MAKE 2 184 BLACK WHITE
EU SAVE CLW4

The 'EU REST CLW2' invocation associates the CLW2 enhancement
with the current frame.

The 'EU MAKE' invocations change the brightness -> color mappings
in the way that I think you want.

The 'EU SAVE CLW4' saves the changes into a new enhancement
named CLW4.ET.

Plesae refer to the online HELP for EU for more details.

Ticket ID: JKQ-991036
Department: Support McIDAS