[McIDAS #JKQ-991036]: Re: MCIDAS Grayscale Question

Hi Rod,

re:
> Would this work?
>
> IMGDISP G13/ERAD27APR11 TIME=19:55 LATLON=33 87 GRAY= YES or NO 775 EU=CLW3
> REFRESH='EG;MAP FILE=OUTVHRES;MAP COUNTY=MS AL GA MCOL=7;GRAYOVER=999'?

No, this would not work for two reasons:

- the values specified for the GRAY= keyword for IMGDISP are incorrect:

  GRAY= YES or NO 775

  should be:

  GRAY=X X X 775

- the inclusion of GRAYOVER in the REFRESH= keyword clause seems to
  be treating GRAYOVER as a keyword, not a command.  As per what Dan
  sent you this should be:

  GRAYOVER 999

  Note that there is no '=' between GRAYOVER and 999

So, the command should look like:

IMGDISP G13/ERAD27APR11 TIME=19:55 LATLON=33 87 GRAY=X X X 775 EU=CLW3
REFRESH='EG;MAP FILE=OUTVHRES;MAP COUNTY=MS AL GA MCOL=7;GRAYOVER 999'

> In addition is there a way to overlay the effective
> radius/Visible Satellite image on MCIDAS-X? Or do I only use IDV?
> Because the example you showed me:

Yes, there is a way to show portions of more than one image in
the same display in McIDAS.  I showed you the way to do it in
IDV since the IDV is much better able to control the displays
(through transparency of enhancements, etc.).

re:
> IMGDISP G13/ERAD27APR11 TIME=19:55 LATLON=33 87 GRAY=X X X 775 EU=CLW3
> REFRESH='EG;MAP FILE=OUTVHRES;MAP COUNTY=MS AL GA MCOL=7;GRAYOVER'

> On the image I sent before it doesn't show the counties MS/AL/GA.

Oops, this should be:

IMGDISP G13/ERAD27APR11 TIME=19:55 LATLON=33 87 GRAY=X X X 775 EU=CLW3
REFRESH='EG;MAP FILE=OUTVHRES;MAP COUNTY=ALL STATE=MS AL GA MCOL=7;GRAYOVER'

Please refer to the online HELP for MAP to refresh you memory on
the various keywords and what they do.  Also, please refer back to
previous email exchanges we have had that contain example IMGDISP
invocations that correctly displayed county outlines for the states
you want.  The idea is to learn from examples and build on what
you have learned to take the next step.

Ticket ID: JKQ-991036
Department: Support McIDAS