[McIDAS #NIE-529635]: problems compiling McIDAS v2009 on CentOS 6.3

Hi Robert,

re:
> I actually did a source .cshrc before I started..I did not just log in.
> Weird..

Well, if you put followed the following sequence for a brand new installation,
you would not expect the environment variable settings in
~mcidas/admin/mcidas_env.(sh|csh)
to take effect:

- create the 'mcidas' account

- login as 'mcidas'

- download mcidasx2009.tar.gz, mcunpack, mcinet2009.sh

- edit .cshrc and enter the settings from the McIDAS web pages

- source .cshrc

- chmod +x mcunpack

- mcunpack

At this point, McINST_ROOT will be defined (because of the edit
of .cshrc), but the McIDAS distribution compressed tarball would
not have been unpacked, so the ~mcidas/admin/mcidas_env.(sh|csh)
files would not exist.

Anyway, it sounds like all is well, so we can close this inquiry
out.

Ticket ID: NIE-529635