[McIDAS #KUA-429049]: Re: Question about the legend bar w/errors

Hi Rod,

re:
> I have a question about the GRAYOVER command. We can talk about this now or
> tomorrow afternoon. Commands I typed on MCIDAS Command.
>
> *IMGDISP G13/ERAD27APR11 TIME=19:55 LATLON=33 87 REFRESH='EG;MAP
> FILE=OUTVHRES;MAP COUNTY=MS AL GA MCOL=7'  (All One Line)

OK.  This IMGDISP invocation does not display the gray bar at the bottom.
I think what you want is:

IMGDISP G13/ERAD27APR11 TIME=19:55 LATLON=33 87 GRAY=YES EU=CLW3
REFRESH='EG;MAP FILE=OUTVHRES;MAP COUNTY=MS AL GA MCOL=7;GRAYOVER'

Now, the labels written by GRAYOVER are not likely to be on top of the
gray bar at the bottom.  You solve this problem by specifying positional
values to the GRAY= keyword used in the IMGDISP command.  Remember, to
get HELP for IMGDISP, run:

HELP IMGDISP

The GRAy= section of the online help reads:

  GRAy=NO  | does not display a grayscale bar (def)
       =YES | adds grayscale bar to bottom of image
       =repeat inc start line | user-defined grayscale bar, where:
              repeat - brightess repeat factor (def=5)
              inc - brightness level increment (def=2)
              start - starting brightness level (def=0)
              line  - starting TV line; value must be greater than 0
                      (def=# of lines in frame minus 23)

Since you do not want to change the 'repeat', 'inc', 'start' positional
values to the GRAY= keyword, you would have something like:

IMGDISP G13/ERAD27APR11 TIME=19:55 LATLON=33 87 GRAY=X X X 775 EU=CLW3
REFRESH='EG;MAP FILE=OUTVHRES;MAP COUNTY=MS AL GA MCOL=7;GRAYOVER'

You will have to adjust the 'line' value (775 in this example) to position
the gray bar where you want with respect to the GRAYOVER annotation.

Ticket ID: KUA-429049
Department: Support McIDAS