[McIDAS #HSN-440865]: Re: Question of how you displayed the legend bar on the GOESEFFECTIVE jpeg (Second attachment image)

Hi Rod,

re: how were you trying to open the .HDR files

> Oh I was trying to open it with Microsoft Word.  I was able to open
> EFFRAD.A01 which is the pixel values with Microsoft Word.  I dont
> understand why EFFRAD.HDR cant be opened there.

Me either.

re:
> My impression at first was
> the ASCII was EFFRAD.A01 and the EFFRAD.HDR was the explanation of those
> values.

That is correct.  Both are in ASCII text format.

re:
> At any rate is there anyway I can open .HDR files to see what the
> content is in them.

Use a variety of tools on iset2: less, cat, vi, more, etc.

Also, you should be able to use 'more' in a Command Prompt
window in Windows.

Ticket ID: HSN-440865