[McIDAS #HSN-440865]: Re: Question of how you displayed the legend bar on the GOESEFFECTIVE jpeg (Second attachment image)

Hi Rod,

re: routines needed to build and use Dan Lindsey's GRAYOVER McIDAS command

> He told me this:
>
> Grab ftp://rammftp.cira.colostate.edu/Lindsey/plotlibx.for and
> ftp://rammftp.cira.colostate.edu/Lindsey/plotsub.for .  Put these in
> $HOME/mcidas/src/ then do
>
> fx plotlibx li
> fx plotsub li
> fx grayover l
>
> The first 2 compilation statements will put the 2 subroutines in the
> mcidas library, then you should be able to compile grayover.

I grabbed these two Fortran routines and used them to successfully
build GRAYOVER (grayover.k).  When I tried to run GRAYOVER, I get a
stream of the following errors:

GRAYOVER 1
GRAYOVER: /home/mcidas/workdata/lwfonts.bin
           does not exist.

Evidently, GRAYOVER expects/needs to use information from a file named
'lwfonts.bin'.

Since 'lwfonts.bin' is not a standard McIDAS offering (in either the
Unidata or SSEC versions of McIDAS-X), you will need to contact Dan
Lindsey again and get him to make the file available on their FTP
site.

Ticket ID: HSN-440865
Department: Support McIDAS