[McIDAS #QEJ-826940]: Scour

Hi Paul,

re:
> We have ldm running processes in mcidas with a kickoff environment. It
> runs a mcidas batch file that saves images. Since ldm runs the process,
> the file made is owned by ldm.
>
> We also have those same scripts run via a web page php script. The owner
> of THAT process is www-data and hence the file is owned by www-data with a
> 755 ownership mode. When the scour script is run via crontab on ldm, the
> images owned by ldm are deleted but the files owned by www-data are not.
>
> How do I solve this problem?

First, a few questions:

- is your scour action running as the user 'ldm'?

- are the images created by ldm and www-data being written to
  the same directory?

- have you put ldm and www-data in the same group?

You can fix the problem by changing the read/write/execute mode of
the files that www-data is creating in either of two ways:

- set 'umask' in the script being run by www-data so that the
  file(s) that the script creates can be deleted (i.e., written)
  by 'ldm' (assuming that ldm is running the scour process

- run the chmod command in the script run by www-data on the
  file(s) it has just created

I would try setting 'umask'.  A reasonably good reference for 'umask'
is:

http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/understanding-linux-unix-umask-value-usage.html

Ticket ID: QEJ-826940