[McIDAS #BJT-176673]: Question about displaying the Satellite Image On McIDAS-X

Hi,

I apologize for taking so long to get back to you.  A number of things came
up at work that needed immediate attention.

re: overlaying effective radius image on top of GOES-East Vis image

I have not had a chance to create the step-by-step procedure to do this
in McIDAS-X yet.  I have, however, done accomplished the goal using
a different package freely available from us, the IDV.

I have attached a GIF image created by the IDV using the effective
radius and GOES-East VIS images from April 27, 2011 that you made
available via Dropbox.  The image demonstrates a number of things
that can be easily done in the IDV while doing the same in McIDAS-X
is difficult:

- remap the projection of the images on the fly

- convert the CLW2 enhancement that you provided earlier so that
  the low brightness levels colored green are 80% transparent

- convert the CLW2 enhancement so that the mid range brightness
  levels are completely transparent

- stack the displays so that the GOES-East VIS image is on the
  bottom, the maps are in the middle, and the effective radius
  image is on the top

After loading all of the elements of the display in the IDV, one
can pan and zoom to any region that is of interest.

Please take a look at the GIF image that I captured from the
IDV and let me know if this is the sort of thing you are
wanting to do.

Ticket ID: BJT-176673
Department: Support McIDAS