[McIDAS #BJT-176673]: Question about displaying the Satellite Image On McIDAS-X

Hi,

re: do you have effective radius imagery?

> Yes. I do.

> But I have problem with the display of the effective radius.
> When I did this IMGLIST G13/EFFRAD.56  and displayed it IMGDISP
> G13/EFFRAD.56 displayed the image but its in black and white. Does this
> mean I have to change the color change settings?

It may well be that the range of values in the effective radius
image(s) is very small.  If this is the case, you would do well
to manipulate the enhancement being used (the default is a linear
mapping of black to white over the range of 0-255 brightnesses).
You can play with the black-white "colorization" using the EB
command.  EB runs interactively; the contrast in the display
is changed as you move your mouse cursor in the frame.  The
minimum and maximum contrast values should be found in the upper
left and lower right of the frame, respectively.

The question of what the values in your effective radius imagery
is can not be answered by me without being able to get one of
the images to play with.  Can you stick one or a few of the effective
radius images on anonymous FTP so I can grab it/them?

re:
> And is not possible for me to overlay the images?

Yes, it is still possible.  What you will need to know in order to
run the IMGOLAY command is the range of values from the effective
radius image that you want to merge into the display along with
the satellite image.

Ticket ID: BJT-176673
Department: Support McIDAS