[McIDAS #BJT-176673]: Question about displaying the Satellite Image On McIDAS-X

Hi,

re:
> Ok let me try that tomorrow morning and report back to you.

OK.

re:
> Dont know what you mean by: " I meant attach one of the actual image files
> to your reply.

I would like to get the actual disk file in which the image you are trying
to display exists.  I am not sure if this would be a file name like:

2011117161500_effrad.area

or like:

2011117161500_effrad.c01

I suspect that the images are in the files with the '.area' suffix, but
I can not be 100% positive.  I could be certain after seeing how the
G13 dataset is defined in your McIDAS-X invocation.  You give me
the information by sending the output of:

DSSERVE LIST G13

re: it would be a lot quicker for me if you cut and pasted output text
into your email reply instead of doing screen captures (both work;
inline text is faster for me)."

> Can you show me an example of what you want here?

Sure.  Here, for instance is the output from IMGLIST for a dataset whose
group name is TOPO that I have defined in my McIDAS session:

IMGLIST TOPO/CONF FORM=ALL
Image file directory listing for:TOPO/CONF
 Pos Satellite/         Date       Time      Center      Res (km)   Image_Size
     sensor                                 Lat  Lon    Lat   Lon
 --- -------------  ------------  --------  ---- ----  ----- ----- ------------
   1  TOPOGRAPHY     1 JAN 96001  00:00:00    45  105
   Band: 1    No Information Available                  8.09  8.09  1000 x 1500
     proj:    0 created: 1996001      0  memo: --- 1-BYTE TOPOGRAPHY FILE ---
     type:PRD      cal type:BRIT
     offsets:  data=    3328 navigation=  256 calibration= 2816 auxiliary=    0

     doc length:   0   cal length:   0   lev length:   0 PREFIX=   0
     valcod:          0 zcor:  1 avg-smp: A
     lcor: 2899  ecor:  4000  bytes per pixel: 1  ss: 11
     Resolution Factors (base=1):   Line=    8.0   Element=    8.0
IMGLIST: done

The dataset that you have been trying to display using IMGDISP has the group
name GIS and descriptor VIS27APR11.  The general form of an McIDAS ADDE
dataset is:

group/descriptor.pos

Here:

group      - group name of a dataset
descriptor - descriptor name for a dataset
pos        - position in the dataset

To get an idea of what all 'pos'itions (elements) in an ADDE dataset look
like, run:

IMGLIST G13/VIS27APR11.ALL

This is the default short listing.  A full listing would be:

IMGLIST G13/VIS27APR11.ALL FORM=ALL

You can find out more about McIDAS commands either through the built-in
help, or through the McIDAS User's Guide.  For instance, the built-in
help for IMGDISP can be seen with:

HELP IMGDISP

To see all of the commands available in McIDAS, you would leave out
the name of the command you want help on:

HELP

NB: there are LOTS of commands in McIDAS, so the listing from HELP
will be long

The Unidata McIDAS-X User's Guide is found in:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Software
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software