[McIDAS #OBW-844755]: IMGREMAP

Hi Kway-yin,

re:
> I followed your steps and BINGO, I saw a North and South American topo
> image with a West Pac map centered at 140E!

Very good.  Now all you you have to do is IMGREMAP your MTSAT image into
this copy.

re:
> As for the desired image resolutions, MTSAT IR is 4km and VIS is 1km.  So I
> suppose I will first need to do IMGCOPY MYDATA/IMAGES.9012
> MYDATA/IMAGES.3000 MAG=9 to get a 1km image.  Then I will do IMGCOPY
> MYDATA/IMAGES.3000 MYDATA/IMAGES.3001 to get a 4km image.

I think that will work, but since I have never tried it, I can't say
for sure.

re:
> On another note, how would one do this process in McIDAS-V?  (I have just
> started to learn McIDAS-V scripting.)

Good question.  Since remapping of projections is automatically done for
you in McV/IDV (by the VisAD code at the heart of each), it may
be sufficient to change the projection to one that you like/need. If
this is not sufficient for your needs, then you will likely have to
create a new projection centered on the Lat,Lon point that you want
and then change the display to that projection.

As far as I know (and I will check to make sure), there is no simple
(meaning through the GUI) way to remap an image into a different
projection.  It is probably possible using a Jython script, but I
don't know enough to say for sure.

Ticket ID: OBW-844755
Department: Support McIDAS