[McIDAS #BJT-176673]: Question about displaying the Satellite Image On McIDAS-X

Hi,

re:
> I have recently transferred the Satellite files from another professor's
> computer and try to upload the Satellite files but when I try to display
> it on McIDAS-X I just get blank screen.  Can you tell me the problem?
>
> First Command typed on McIDAS-X:
>
> IMGDISP G13/VIS27APR11 1 DAY= 11117 TIME= 1902 2045.
>
> Command typed on McIDAS-X:
>
> IMGDISP G13/VIS27APR11 1 DAY= 11117 TIME= 1902 2045.
>
> Is the satellite files corrupt? Looking forward to your response.

I don't have enough information to determine if the image is corrupt,
or if it is simply dark, but it would be likely that if the image
was corrupt, there would be some warnings or errors from IMGDISP.

Questions:

- what was the IMGDISP output when you ran the command above?

- did you try displaying images for other times of the day?

Perhaps IMGLIST would help shed some light on the situation. Please
send the output of:

IMGLIST G13/VIS27APR11 DAY=11117 TIME=1902 2045 FORM=ALL

Finally, it would be most useful if you could send one or two of the
images that result in blank IMGDISP displays.

re:
> Thanks!

No worries.

Ticket ID: BJT-176673