[McIDAS #KUC-159541]: Memory errors with GINI Local Server in McIDAS-X

Hi Jess,

re:
> Thanks for the response.  I checked giniutil.c and I have the exact same
> line as you have copied in (with octet[4]).

I figured that out yesterday evening when I did a diff on the versions
of giniutil.c in the SSEC 2011.1 and Unidata v2009j distributions.
I would simply send you the file to use as a replacement, but the
Unidata version is significantly different than the SSEC one because
the Unidata one has support for PNG-compressed imagery.

re:
> Upon further investigation, I tried the file you stated and it did
> indeed work for me.  I continued on trying the different sectors, and
> the SuperNational and Hawaii worked for me, however I had the Alaska
> region fail.

The other thing I did yesterday afternoon was download one sample Alaska
National, Hawaii National, and Puerto Rico National image.  All worked
fine for me.

re:
> I tried this specific file:
>
> BLEND_AKNatl_RR.IMG_12151_2028
>
> When you have a chance, do you think you could give this one a shot?

I just downloaded this file and tried it in the Unidata McIDAS v2009k
distribution; it works fine... I attached a GIF of the results of:

IMGDISP GINIBLND/AKNAT.2 LAT=58 165 REFRESH='EG;MAP SAT'

Any chance you could try/use the Unidata McIDAS-X distribution?
If not, I will try to create giniutil.[ch] that is compatible
with the SSEC distribution and send them to you as email attachments.

Ticket ID: KUC-159541
Department: Support McIDAS