[McIDAS #GEJ-957244]: McIDAS GOES-South Problem

Hi Fred,

re:
> I have another idea of how to solve the problem without a McBASI script.  The
> GOES-South
> has ingests at xx:15, xx:28, xx:45, and xx:58.  I believe the Ken currently
> has his
> IMGCOPY scheduled for every 15 minutes.

OK, I did not know this about the scheduled IMGCOPYs.

re:
> Change the scheduler to 4 IMGCOPY commands with a repeat time of 1 hour each.
> For the
> image scheduled at xx:15 use IMGCOPY SOUTH/SH YYY/ZZZ DAY=#Y RTIME=14 16
> .........For
> the xx:28 image use IMGCOPY SOUTH/SH YYY/ZZZ DAY=#Y RTIME=27 29, etc. for the
> rest of
> the images.  If a future image come along with the minutes in the range of
> the RTImes,
> you may miss one of the 4 images of the hour, but you will still get the
> other 3 images.
> If the future image has a date more than today into the future, the #Y will
> keep from
> trying to get that data set.

Excellent idea!  Simple, well defined and easy to implement!!

The only suggestion I have is to expand the time interval by a few minutes just
be sure to get an image that is slightly off of the +15/+28/+45/+58 schedule
will
be selectable.

Nice solution!

Ticket ID: GEJ-957244