[McIDAS #GEJ-957244]: McIDAS GOES-South Problem

Hi Fred,

Sorry for not responding earlier.  We had some IDD issues come up today that
required immediate attention...

re:
> Within the IMGCOPY command, there are the options for specifying the date and
> time range
> of the desired image.  For the date, one can use DAY=#Y.  The time option is
> TIME= btime
> etime.  The current time is available in #H in hh:mm:ss format.  My question
> is directed
> to Tom.  How can one use the string table # capabilities to compute a time
> from several
> minutes ago to so many minutes into the future?

I do this kind of thing in a McBASI script.

re:
> I know how to do this within a program,
> but I don't see how to do that with command line controls which Ken can use
> in his
> Mcidas scheduler.  Using the current time in the copy command (rather than
> using options
> such as RTIme or Cycle) is the only way I can see to eliminate the future
> data from the
> selections for copying.

I will dig up the McBASI script that does this kind of thing and send it to you
in a separate email.  This will likely not be until tomorrow or Monday, but
I have to let you know that I am flying to Madison, WI on Sunday afternoon to
attend the MUG meeting starting on Monday at noon, so my responses may be slower
than I would like.

Ticket ID: GEJ-957244
Department: Support McIDAS