[McIDAS #MWQ-801749]: McIDAS-X 2009 and Solaris 11 Express

Hi Robert,

I saw your note below right after you sent it, but I was not able to respond
until now...

re: latest tweak to the re-parent procedure in McGUI (upcguiprocs.tcl)

> That did it!  Thanks!  Works fine. I displayed some imagery and all is well!

Excellent!

For the files: the change I made was to switch from the Tk 'grid' geometry
manager
to the 'pack' geometry manager in 'proc reparentXwin'. Apparently the 'grid'
geometry manager (or my way of using it) has a strange problem with Gnome in
Solaris 11.  Weird!

I will include the mod in my next Unidata McIDAS addendum.

re:
> I am keeping you folks busy..I just sent a ticket in for GEMPAK as I am
> having NMAP2 NIDS issues..

Busy, busy, busy :-)

re:
> Thanks again,

No worries.  I'm glad (relieved is more like it) that the cause of your
problem was found and a simple change fixed the problem.

Ticket ID: MWQ-801749
Department: Support McIDAS